Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Dream home, the timberframe home...

So my partner and I have been talking for some time about our dream home. He has educated me a little more about Timber frame homes and we have been looking at books and magazines on the subject. We are both interested with a more "natural", traditional and warm look, but even a modest timber frame home can be quite pricey. So we continue to research, dream and save.

My concern with constructing or purchasing a new home, is it's carbon footprint, use of natural materials and use of recycled materials to create it. Is it more expensive to try to use recycled and sustainable product and what's the best way to go? These are my questions and I am going to spend a bit of time this morning, drinking tea and scoping out the internet: if you have some ideas feel free to post.

Here's two sites I'm checking out now...

http://www.thewholetree.com/eventsprojects.htm
http://www.roaldgundersen.com/Whole_Tree_Homes.php

No comments:

Post a Comment